|State Laws: |
State Agency that Regulates ATVs: State Police. View their Web Site: www.wvstatepolice.com
- All ATVs must be titled.
- All riders under 18 must complete a rider safety awareness course.
- All riders under 18 shall wear helmets at all times.
- ATV use is banned from paved roads with a center line or more than 2 lanes, except to cross and except for getting from one trail or field to another when traveling up to 10 miles no faster than 25 mph.
- No passengers are permitted except if the ATV is designed for a passenger or if the passenger is at least age 18 and the operator is at least 18 and has a driver's license.
- ATVs shall not be operated from sunset to sunrise without a lighted taillight and headlight.
Training: Click here to learn how to enroll in an ATV safety training course near you!
Legislation: To view West Virginia's state ATV laws, click here