|State Laws: |
State Agency that Regulates ATVs: State Police. View their Web Site: www.vsp.state.va.us
- ATVs over 50 cc's and purchased as new on or after July 1, 2006 required to be titled.
- All ATV riders must wear helmets.
- No one under 16 may operate an ATV, except that children between the ages of 12 and 16 may operate ATVs of no more than 90 cc's and children less than age 12 may operate ATVs of no more than 70 cc's.
- No passengers are permitted on an ATV at any time, except if ATV is designed to be operated with a passenger.
- ATV use on public highways is prohibited, except to cross these roads, for agricultural purposes, or while in Buchanan County.
Training: Click here to learn how to enroll in an ATV safety training course near you!
Legislation: To view Virginia's state ATV laws, click here