|State Laws: |
State Agency that Regulates ATVs: None.
- All ATVs manufactured after 1987 must be titled.
- All ATVs operated on public lands must be registered, renewing registration once each year.
- No one under 8 may operate an ATV on public lands.
- To operate an ATV on public lands, the operator must possess a safety training certificate or a driver's license.
- ATV use on streets or highways is prohibited, unless crossing these roads or the road has been designated as an Off-Highway Vehicle riding area.
- ATVs shall not be operated between sunset and sunrise without a lighted taillight and headlight.
Training: Click here to learn how to enroll in an ATV safety training course near you!
Legislation: To view Utah's state ATV laws, click here