|State Laws: |
State Agency that Regulates ATVs: Department of Public Safety. View their Web Site:
Training: Click here to learn how to enroll in an ATV safety training course near you!
- All ATV owners must apply for a title before selling or disposing of their ATV.
- All ATVs operated on public property must be registered, renewing registration once every year.
- No passengers are allowed at any time while the ATV is on public lands, unless the ATV is designed to carry a passenger.
- ATV use on public streets is prohibited, except to cross these roads or for agricultural purposes.
- All operators under 14 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- While on public lands, all operators must have a safety certificate or be with an adult who has obtained a safety certificate.
- ATVs shall not be operated from ½ hour after sunset to ½ hour before sunrise without a lighted taillight and headlight.
Legislation: To view Texas' state ATV laws, click here