|State Laws: |
State Agency that Regulates ATVs: Department of Environmental Management. View their Web Site: www.state.ri.us/dem
- All riders (operator and passengers) are required to wear helmets.
- All ATVs must be titled and registered. Registration is to be renewed once every year.
- All operators between 16 and 18 need a license to cross highways.
- No one under 16 may cross a highway while operating an ATV.
- No one may operate an ATV on Department of Environmental Management lands.
- ATV use on streets and highways is prohibited, except to cross these roads.
Training: Click here to learn how to enroll in an ATV safety training course near you!
Legislation: To view Rhode Island's state ATV laws, click here