|State Laws: |
State Agency that Regulates ATVs: State Police. View their Web Site: www.psp.state.pa.us
- No ATV shall be operated without a lighted headlight and taillight from ½ hour after sunset to ½ hour before sunrise.
- All ATVs must be titled and registered, with the owner receiving one numbered plate.
- Registration is to be renewed once every two years.
- No one under age 8 shall operate an ATV on state-owned land.
- No one between 8 and 15 may operate an ATV unless on a parent’s land or in possession of a safety training certificate.
- No one under 16 may cross a highway or operate an ATV on designated roads unless in possession of a safety certificate and with an adult 18 or older.
- ATV use on any street or highway is prohibited, except to cross and except for roads designated as ATV roads.
Training: Click here to learn how to enroll in an ATV safety training course near you!
Legislation: To view Pennsylvania's state ATV laws, click here