|State Laws: |
State Agency that Regulates ATVs: State Police. View their Web Site: www.nmsp.com
- ATVs must be titled.
- ATVs must be registered; a user fee must be paid, if the ATV is used on public lands; registration is renewed every 2 years.
- ATV riders under age 18 must wear helmets and eye protection.
- ATV riders under age 18 must have a safety permit.
- ATV operators under age 18 may not carry passengers.
- ATV riders under age 18 must be supervised except under specified circumstances.
- ATV operators under age 10 may only operate age-appropriate size-fit ATVs.
- ATVs may not be operated on paved streets, except to cross.
- No ATV shall be operated without a lighted headlight and taillight when visibility is limited.
Training: Click here to learn how to enroll in an ATV safety training course near you!
Legislation: To view New Mexico's state ATV laws, click here