|State Laws: |
State Agency that Regulates ATVs: State Police. View their Web Site: www.njsp.org
- All riders (operator and passengers) must wear a helmet.
- All ATVs used on public roads and lands must be registered, with renewal once each year.
- No one under 18 may operate an ATV on public lands without a safety training certificate.
- No one under 14 may operate an ATV on public lands or cross roads.
- No one under age 16 shall operate an ATV over 90 cc on public lands or across a highway.
- ATV use on public roads and highways is prohibited, except to cross these roads.
- No ATV shall be operated without a lighted headlight and taillight from ½ hour before sunset to ½ hour after sunrise.
Training: Click here to learn how to enroll in an ATV safety training course near you!
Legislation: To view New Jersey's state ATV laws, click here