|State Laws: |
State Agency that Regulates ATVs: Department of Resources and Economic
Development. View their Web Site: www.dred.state.nh.us
- All ATV operators and passengers under 18 must wear a helmet and all operators under 18 must wear eye protection at all times.
- All ATVs over 95 cc in engine size must be registered, with the owner receiving a license plate for the ATV.
- Registration is to be renewed once every year.
- No one under 18 can register an ATV.
- No one under 18 operating an ATV shall carry passengers at any time.
- Any person over 12 must have a safety certificate or a motor vehicle license to ride off their own property.
- Any person under 14 must be supervised by an adult over 18 when off their own property.
- ATV use on public roads and highways is prohibited, except to cross these roads.
- No ATV shall be operated without a lighted headlight and taillight from ½ hour after sunset to ½ hour before sunrise.
Training: Click here to learn how to enroll in an ATV safety training course near you!
Legislation: To view New Hampshire's state ATV laws, click here