State Agency that Regulates ATVs: Department of Vehicle Regulation. View their Web Site:
Training: Click here to learn how to enroll in an ATV safety training course near you!
- All riders (operator and passengers) 16 or over on public property must wear a helmet, except those using the ATV for agricultural or business purposes. All riders (operators and passengers) under age 16 must wear helmets.
- No one under 12 may operate an ATV over 70 cc in engine size.
- No one under 16 may operate an ATV over 90 cc in engine size.
- No one under 16 may operate an ATV without parental supervision.
- ATV use on public roads or highways is prohibited, except to cross these roads or for agricultural use.
Legislation: To view Kentucky's state ATV laws, click here