State Agency that Regulates ATVs: State Police.
View their Web Site:
- All ATVs are required to be registered and numbered, except for ATVs used for agricultural purposes or used only on the owner’s private property.
- Registration is to be renewed once every year.
- No one under 10 can operate an ATV on roads designated as Off-Highway Vehicle routes, unless they are licensed or under the supervision of a person with a driver’s license.
- ATVs may not be used on paved roads or highways, except to cross these roads or for agricultural purposes.
- No ATV shall be operated on public lands without a lighted headlight and taillight between sunset and sunrise.
Training: Click here to learn how to enroll in an ATV safety training course near you!
Legislation: To view Colorado's state ATV laws, click here